The Government gives money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called ‘Pupil Premium’.
For every child registered The Russell School gets an additional £1300.
With this money we could give your child extra support with their English and Mathematics. If you are registered for Free School Meals you could also get help with the cost of some school trips.
Please register or find out more information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does it work?
- First, check if you qualify – visit www.fsm.lgfl.net and click on Check Eligibility at the bottom of the page.
- Registering is really quick and easy, if you have any issues please contact Mrs Patel on 01923284272.
- If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal (saving you more than £350 a year).
- If you do not want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still gets the additional income.
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit