Class Reps help to build a sense of community amongst the parents in their class and are an important link between parents and the 'Friends of Russell School organisation'.
Responsibilities of the Class Reps include:
- Organising class stalls for the Christmas and summer fairs.
- Coordinating class contributions to other FoRS events.
- Encouraging class members to attend and donate to other fundraising and social events, eg quiz nights, fireworks, FoRS Ball.
Supporting the class social network:
- Welcoming new families into the school and introducing them to other parents in the class.
- Arranging opportunities for parents to socialise together throughout the year.
Liaising with the class teacher:
- Maintaining contact with the class teacher to help organise materials for projects, costumes etc.
- Collecting donations for gifts.
The Class Rep’s role does not extend to resolving academic issues or concerns about individual children. If you have a question or problem related to teaching and learning or your child’s schooling, please contact your child's class teacher or the Headteacher.