The school operates a ‘House’ system. The children are arranged in three different house groups: CHESS (red), COLNE (yellow) and GADE (blue).
The House system aims to:
- Encourage good behaviour;
- Encourage higher standards of work and effort;
- Encourage an element of healthy competition;
- Encourage a sense of teamwork and responsibility;
- Children are awarded House points for effort, good behaviour, attitude, quality of work, presentation, kindness and consideration for others and care for the environment etc. Children are always told why they have been awarded the points to reinforce the positive behaviour recognised.
- Children who earn 10 House points are sent to the Headteacher to receive a special recognition Children may also visit the Headteacher to show her examples of work they are proud of or to share their efforts. Children are encouraged to raise their personal standards, not to measure their performance against other pupils.